Job Captain / Project Architect
Start date: A.S.A.P
Audax is a vertically integrated organization that provides Architecture, Interior Design, and Construction Management services to the luxury real estate market, with a strong focus on high-end residential work. The services are performed by the sister companies, Audax Architecture Inc. and Audax Construction Inc. The firm's work is motivated by Human Architecture, a unique approach that combines the best elements from traditional architecture with a modern aesthetic. We believe in beauty, history, and respect for the traditions of classical architecture. Audax provides a holistic approach that looks at the project's technical, aesthetic, and functional objectives. This combined expertise results in building and interior spaces with an articulated design language and a seamless integration between architecture, interior design, and décor.
The firm is looking for a Job Captain / Project Architect to join their team.
To apply for this position, please visit https://audax.bamboohr.com/jobs/. We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The role of a Job Captain / Project Architect is a full-time position with the company. Compensation can be in the form of salary or a contract sum. Competitive pay will be offered for this contract. You will be responsible for managing our condo projects, along with other ongoing projects in our office. These projects are of very high-quality design and are located in some of the most prestigious sites in Toronto. We invite you to interview with us to learn more about the projects and this unique opportunity.
- Master's degree in Architecture
- 10 years of experience in the production of architectural drawings from Schematic Design through to Construction Administration
- High level of skill with Revit, Rhino, AutoCAD, SketchUp, Enscape, Adobe Creative Suite, and Microsoft applications
- Experience in luxury multi-unit, mid-rise / high-rise residential required. Experience in other building types and interiors an asset.
- Strong knowledge of the Ontario Building Code and other applicable laws
- Strong understanding of building science and detailing
- Thorough knowledge of building systems and construction methods
- Familiarity with the planning and approval application process
- Familiarity with the language of Classical Architecture
- Well-organized and detail-oriented problem solver with excellent time management skills
- Personable with excellent presentation skills
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Collaborate with the Principal and lead the design of projects from initial concept through to construction details
- Assist with the preparation of project budgets and schedules for proposals / contracts, and monitor the workflow of invoicing on assigned projects to ensure profitable completion
- Direct and assist with the production of all drawings and deliverables throughout all phases of assigned projects
- Act as primary client liaison
- Coordinate all activities related to assigned projects and maintain minutes, as required
- Coordinate team of consultants
- Provide competent technical expertise in the design of assigned projects
- Supervise, direct, and mentor junior staff
- Promote core values of teamwork, quality design, professionalism, and the highest level of client service
Benefits of Working at Audax
- Hybrid working option available
- Given our 3 practice areas, you will have a unique and in-depth learning experience, provided by exposure to the day-to-day functions of architecture, interior design, and construction
- The opportunity to work with the best of the best, including the finest trades and craftsmen, the highest quality materials and finishes, with some of the most successful and affluent homeowners and business people across Canada and internationally
- The move to a new, custom-built office, located directly across the street from Trinity Bellwoods Park, just steps away from the shops and restaurants of Queen Street West, Dundas Street West, Little Italy, and Ossington Avenue. TTC stop at your doorstep.
- Regular staff socials, lunches, and events
- Dental and health benefits package
- Paid time off between Christmas and New Year's Day
- The opportunity to learn and grow from continuing education and the support of professional development
- A vibrant and creative workspace, set alongside a team of positive, hardworking, and supportive staff
- A work culture that encourages growth, teamwork, and positivity, and an "open door" policy that promotes open communication with management