Senior Architectural Technologist
Start date: A.S.A.P
Audax is a vertically integrated organization that provides Architecture, Interior Design, and Construction Management services to the luxury real estate market, with a strong focus on high-end residential work. The services are performed by the sister companies, Audax Architecture Inc. and Audax Construction Inc. The firm's work is motivated by Human Architecture, a unique approach that combines the best elements from traditional architecture with a modern aesthetic. We believe in beauty, history, and respect for the traditions of classical architecture. Audax provides a holistic approach that looks at the project's technical, aesthetic, and functional objectives. This combined expertise results in building and interior spaces with an articulated design language and a seamless integration between architecture, interior design, and décor.
The firm is looking for a Senior Architectural Technologist to join their team.
To apply for this position, please visit https://audax.bamboohr.com/jobs/. We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The role of a Senior Architectural Technologist is a full-time position in the company. As a full-service architecture, interior design, and construction studio, we are looking to bring on a professional who is a self-starter and organized to carry out the duties below. This position will offer the opportunity to collaborate with our internal design team and to work with some of the most successful and affluent homeowners and business people across Canada and internationally. This role is a critical component to the execution of design and construction drawings in the studio. The position will support the Project Manager and Designers with technical drawings throughout each phase of a project.
- Diploma from an accredited Architectural Technologist Program or equivalent
- Minimum 10 years of relevant post-graduate experience in the production of architecture and interior design drawings from Schematic Design through to Construction Administration
- High-level of skill with Revit, Rhino, AutoCAD, SketchUp, Enscape, Adobe Creative Suite, and Microsoft Office Applications
- Experience in the production of high-quality computer renderings and presentation materials
- Experience in multi-unit mid-rise / high-rise residential and luxury houses required. Experience in other building types and interiors an asset.
- Strong knowledge of the Ontario Building Code and other applicable laws
- Strong understanding of building science and detailing
- Well-organized problem solver
- Support the Project Managers and Designers in the preparation of design drawings, tender and construction documents, and specifications using Revit
- Develop and manage each project's Revit model
- Coordinate with consultants
- Assist with construction administration activities, including shop drawing review, specifications, and site instructions
Benefits of Working at Audax
- Hybrid working option available
- Given our 3 practice areas, you will have a unique and in-depth learning experience, provided by exposure to the day-to-day functions of architecture, interior design, and construction
- The opportunity to work with the best of the best, including the finest trades and craftsmen, the highest quality materials and finishes, with some of the most successful and affluent homeowners and business people across Canada and internationally
- The move to a new, custom-built office, located directly across the street from Trinity Bellwoods Park, just steps away from the shops and restaurants of Queen Street West, Dundas Street West, Little Italy, and Ossington Avenue. TTC stop at your doorstep.
- Regular staff socials, lunches, and events
- Dental and health benefits package
- Paid time off between Christmas and New Year's Day
- The opportunity to learn and grow from continuing education and the support of professional development
- A vibrant and creative workspace, set alongside a team of positive, hardworking, and supportive staff
- A work culture that encourages growth, teamwork, and positivity, and an "open door" policy that promotes open communication with management